Sanrio, Inc., the global lifestyle brand recognized worldwide for its universally beloved pop icon Hello Kitty, announces the launch of their new brand – hello sanrio – at Comic-Con International: San Diego, July 21 through July 24 (booth #4737). hello sanrio is an innovative new lifestyle brand that offers an immersive world uniting multiple characters and fans through unique products and digital content.
“The introduction of hello sanrio marks an exciting evolution in Sanrio’s history – a history that’s rooted in fostering social communication, connecting people and nurturing friendships,” says Jill Koch, Sr. Vice President of Brand Management and Marketing at Sanrio, Inc. “hello sanrio adds to this rich history by creating a world in which Sanrio’s fans can engage and interact with one another and with our expansive roster of characters through a suite of apps, unique digital content and supercute products.”
hello sanrio marks the first time that the company has premiered a new multi-character brand via digital content. The new hello sanrio brand features several firsts and offers fans many avenues for engagement at Comic-Con International: San Diego and beyond, including:
- An immersive, digital “kawaii” community created through a suite of lifestyle apps where multiple characters from the company’s deep design legacy can interact and showcase their unique personalities. Created in partnership with Hyper Hippo Games, initial content will feature Hello Kitty, Keroppi, Chococat, Badtz-Maru, My Melody, Pompompurin, Gudetama, Little Twin Stars, and Pochacco. More Sanrio characters will continually join the hello sanrio world. The suite of apps will also connect fans, providing a platform where they can communicate, express themselves, experience the Sanrio universe in their own unique way, and learn about special product launches and promotions.
- say hello! is the first app to be available from the hello sanrio suite of lifestyle apps. A first iteration of the community app will be unveiled at the Sanrio booth at Comic-Con International: San Diego. Sanrio is actively seeking input from fans through hello sanrio social media channels and within the say hello! app to help build the hello sanrio community. say hello! and all forthcoming apps will be designed and evolve based on fan feedback, a key factor in the iterative app creation process.
- The first hello sanrio product – a limited edition collection of five mini plush tucked inside a clear vinyl tote bag – will be available at the Sanrio booth at Comic-Con International: San Diego. The set features Hello Kitty, Chococat, My Melody, Keroppi, and Pompompurin. A designer from Sanrio’s Tokyo headquarters will be on hand to draw Sanrio characters for a select number of fans each day.
- Outside the convention, fans can enjoy sweets from the Hello Kitty Cafe Truck, on site at Comic-Con Interactive Zone at Petco Park. The cafe truck will be debuting a hello sanrio macaron set with limited quantities per day during the convention.
- Promotional hello sanrio video clips exploring the quirky, wondrous Sanrio world will make their debut starting late 2016 to be distributed through YouTube and other channels.