Marvel Entertainment in conjunction with Disney Consumer Products (DCP) has unveiled the newest film-inspired product collection based on the highly anticipated Marvel’s Iron Man 3 releasing in theaters May 3, 2013. This armor and suit-inspired assortment features apparel, collectibles, lifestyle products, action figures, toys and role play products that capture the unique customization and dynamic personality of one of Marvel’s favorite Super Heroes, Iron Man.
“This innovative product assortment reflects the technological savvy and classic design of Iron Man coupled with the ingenuity and individuality of Tony Stark,” said Paul Gitter, senior vice president of licensing for Marvel at Disney Consumer Products. “From radio controlled flying figures and customizable action figures, to deluxe costumes and role play items, we have developed an extensive collection of products that will allow fans of all ages to create their very own Super Hero adventure.”
Additionally, Marvel Press, an imprint of Disney Publishing Worldwide, has released several titles in print and eBook form in support of the feature film, including Iron Man 3 Movie Storybook and Suits of Armor storybook by Tomas Palacios. Readers can also experience the action-packed adventure of Iron Man through mini-games, authentic animated artwork and interactive activities in the free Iron Man: Armored Avenger App, available on iTunes.
Opening in theaters May 3, Marvel’s Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at this enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. Starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and Ben Kingsley, Iron Man 3 is directed by Shane Black.
Marvel’s Iron Man 3 collection of products is available now at national retailers, specialty stores, Marvel.com, Disney Store locations nationwide and DisneyStore.com.
MARVEL’S IRON MAN 3 PRODUCT ASSORTMENT*
*For a further list of products, please see our fact sheet at http://bit.ly/IM3ProductFactSheet
- Innovative Technology Products:
- Iron Man 3 RealD 3D Eyewear (MSRP $10.00): RealD’s patented technology enables an incomparable, premium 3D viewing experience. CDM has developed a limited edition line of collectible RealD 3D eyewear for Marvel’s Iron Man 3.
- Iron Man 3 Levitator Lamp (MSRP $150.00): Recreating the high-flying power of Iron Man’s suit right in front of your eyes, the Iron Man 3 armor levitates in mid-air and rotates 360 degrees on a lamp base that also emits a ceiling projection.
- Iron Man 3 3D LightFX Wall Light (MSRP $29.99): The Iron Man 3 3D LightFX Wall Light mounts to the wall and is cordless and battery operated; the innovative fixture is true to size and uses LED lights to bring the adventure of Iron Man to life.
- Iron Man 3 iHome Electronics (MSRP $14.99 – $29.99): This exclusive collection includes noise isolating earphones, headphones, rechargeable character speakers and a dual alarm clock speaker system, all with cool character styling.
- Toys and Role Play:
- Iron Man 3 Assemblers Action Figure Assortment by Hasbro (MSRP $9.99 each): Each figure in the buildable Assemblers Action Figure line features an Interchangeable Armor System, allowing one figure to create more than 25 armor combinations and allowing armor to be switched out to create hundreds of combinations.
- Iron Man 3 ARC FX Role Play products by Hasbro (MSRP $24.99): The ARC FX MISSION MASK features dual missile launchers with ARC FX glowing visor lights and targeting beam light effect; the MOTORIZED ARC FX GAUNTLET features rapid-fire blasting action with NERF foam discs.
- RC Flying Iron Man by EB Brands (MSRP $80.00): A full 19” long, the RC Iron Man banks, soars, dives and climbs, just like the extreme Super Hero, Iron Man; a unique, patented steering mechanism gives kids greater control and a super tight turning radius.
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man 3 Construction Sets (MSRP $12.99 – $39.99): Kids can team up with Iron Man in his upgraded Mark 42 armor to battle villains with the new LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man 3 construction sets, each featuring a key scene and iconic characters from the highly anticipated new film.
- Lifestyle Products:
- Under Armour Alter Ego Performance Shirts (MSRP $49.99 – Boys, $59.99 – Adult): Featuring the iconic Iron Man character design, Under Armour Alter Ego is the baselayer built for heroic performance.
- Iron Man 3 Adult Hooded Fleece by Mad Engine (MSRP $59.50 – $63.50): Bring the powerful, strong, all-new suits of armor and their sleek designs featured in Marvel’s Iron Man 3 to your wardrobe with these adult hooded fleece.
- Iron Man Threadless Tees (MSRP $18.50 – $23.50): Threadless challenged artists from all over the world to design t-shirts inspired by Marvel’s metal-clad Super Hero, resulting in 22 unique Iron Man tees in the collection.
- Iron Man 3 POP! Bobble Head by Funko (MSRP $9.99): Iron Man is given a fun, and funky, stylized look as a collectible POP! style Iron Man 3 bobble head vinyl figure.
- Iron Man 3 Micro Muggs by Hasbro (MSRP $1.99 each): The most epic Iron Man movie yet gets Hasbro’s smallest, coolest Iron Man collectibles. There are 24 unique armors across, each 1.75 inches, and two waves to collect.
- Disney Store:
- Iron Man 3 Deluxe Costume for Boys (MSRP $59.95): Your junior Super Hero can suit-up for action in this deluxe padded armor inspired by Tony Stark’s latest design for Marvel’s Iron Man 3.
- Iron Man 3 Swim Collection for Boys (MSRP $7.50 – $19.50): He’ll enjoy heroic days at the beach or pool in this Iron Man Swim Collection; prepare him for his aquatic adventures with Iron Man Swim Trunks, Rash Guard, Flip Flops and Beach Towel.