Since first soaring onto TV screens in the 1960s, Star Trek has become one of the most durable and beloved franchises of all time. At the center of each Star Trek incarnation is what has become a truly iconic character: The Captain. THE CAPTAINS CLOSE UP is a five episode mini-series, as seen on Epix, that “boldly goes where no man has gone before,” giving viewers an intimate look at the actors that have inhabited this role – all through the eyes of the man who played the first Captain more than 45 years ago: William Shatner.
Based on the multi-million dollar budget feature documentary The Captains, written and directed by Shatner, THE CAPTAINS CLOSE UP provides an even deeper behind-the-scenes look at the actors who have made the Star Trek an international phenomenon. Each episode features William Shatner conducting an in-depth, one-on-one interview with one of his fellow Captains, and delves into the working challenges and personal rewards each actor garnered from his or her groundbreaking role at the Star Trek Starfleet helm.
- William Shatner (Captain James T. Kirk, Star Trek: The Original Series,
7 Star Trek feature films) featuring Chris Pine (Captain James T. Kirk, J.J. Abrams’s Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness)
- Patrick Stewart (Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation,
4 Star Trek feature films)
- Avery Brooks (Captain Benjamin Sisko, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
- Kate Mulgrew (Captain Kathryn Janeway, Star Trek: Voyager)
- Scott Bakula (Captain Jonathan Archer, Star Trek: Enterprise)
DVD BONUS FEATURES
- Additional Interviews with William Shatner (exclusive to the DVD release) shot on the Paramount Studios Lot