UDON Entertainment, publisher of licensed and original comic books, graphic novels & art books, announced a distribution agreement with comiXology, the cloud-based revolutionary digital comics platform with more than 40,000 comics and graphic novels that have seen over 180 million downloads to date.
To commemorate the announcement, today also sees the release of seven full-length comic books and graphic novels available for download from UDON Entertainment’s back catalog across comiXology’s entire platform including iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows 8 & the Web.
UDON Entertainment’s fans across globe can experience UDON’S licensed and original comics, graphic novels, manga, and even art books, through the power of comiXology’s Guided View reading technology! Those reading on iPads with the Retina Display will get to experience these works in stunning high-definition with CMX-HD.
The launch titles are:
- Street Fighter #0 story by Ken Siu-Chong & art by Arnold Tsang, Alvin Lee, Rob Ross, Andrew Hou – Free title!
- Street Fighter #1 story by Ken Siu-Chong & art by Arnold Tsang, Alvin Lee, Andrew Hou, Rey, Joe Madureira
- Street Fighter #2 story by Ken Siu-Chong & art by Alvin Lee, Arnold Tsang, Alan Tam, Rob Ross, Andrew Hou, Rey, Adam Warren
- Street Fighter #3 story by Ken Siu-Chong & art by Alvin Lee, Alan Tam, Hanna Chen, Joy Ang, Rey, Rob Ross, Kevin Yan, Shane Law, & art by Arnold Tsang, Andrew Hou, Kevin Lau
- Street Fighter #4 story by Ken Siu-Chong & art by Alvin Lee, Rob Ross, Alan Tam, Hanna Chen, Joy Ang, Andrew Hou, Arnold Tsang, Rey, Kaare Andrews
- Makeshift Miracle 1 story by Jim Zub & art by Shun Hong Chan
- Super Street Fighter Volume 1: New Generations story by Ken Siu-Chong, Jim Zub, Chris Sims with art by Jeffrey Chamba Cruz, Sean Galloway, Joe Ng, Gonzalo Ordonez Arias, Long Vo, Omar Dogan, Edwin Huang
“With amazing comics like Street Fighter as well as their original works, UDON Entertainment is a fantastic addition to comiXology’s ever growing library of comics and graphic novels,” said comiXology co-founder and CEO David Steinberger. “We are thrilled to extend the reach of UDON’s unique style and high quality comics and graphic novels to comiXology’s worldwide readership!”
“We’re very excited to have many of UDON’s original and licensed works available through comiXology,” said UDON Publisher Erik Ko. “We’ve been working hard to secure digital rights for many of our licenses for the past several years, and we’ve prepared a slate of licensed comics and graphic novels from our Street Fighter and Darkstalkers line, as well as selections from our manga, art book, and original graphic novel series’ that fans are really going to love. We’re especially excited to see our works transformed with comiXology’s Guided View reading technology and really see all the action of our comics and graphic novels unfold in a brand new way!”
This debut of seven initial titles will be quickly followed by more of UDON Entertainment back catalog along with new releases coming out same-day-as-print, including this fall’s epic Street Fighter Origins: Akuma original graphic novel.
With over 40,000 comics and graphic novels from more than 75 publishers, comiXology offers the widest selection of English language digital comics in the world. ComiXology’s availability across the iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows 8 and the Web makes it the best digital platform for newly interested, current and lapsed comic and graphic novel fans worldwide.