Tensions have escalated to an all time high between heroes and villains in DC Universe Online (DCUO). Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) releasedThe Last Laugh , the fourth downloadable content (DLC) pack for DCUO, available now for download on the PC and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. In the largest PvP (player vs. player) content update since launch, no one is safe as Superman and The Joker encourage heroes and villains to invade The Hall of Doom and The Watchtower, as well as the player safe houses and headquarters throughout the open world. The Last Laugh also adds an all-new weapon and introduces new Legends PvP characters.
“We have taken PvP to another level in DCUO and are thrilled to see the new combat in action,” said Larry Liberty, executive producer, DC Universe Online. “The multiplayer battles in The Last Laughlet heroes and villains unleash their fierce competitiveness, testing their power, potency and skill.”
Along with epic multiplayer crusades, the DLC pack brings back notorious DC Universe villain The Joker for a criminally twisted new story line. The Last Laugh features voices of some of the biggest stars, including renowned voiceover actors Mark Hamill (The Joker), Adam Baldwin (Superman) and Arleen Sorkin (Harley Quinn).
“Excitement has been building, not only for the new multiplayer action The Last Laugh brings, but for the return of the all-star voice actor cast in DCUO,” said Jens Andersen, creative director, DC Universe Online. “We were privileged to work with such a talented voiceover cast when we first launched and are happy to have them return to their iconic roles.”
The Last Laugh includes an all-new weapon, hours of multiplayer gameplay in the Safe Houses and Headquarters, and new Legends PvP characters:
- The Shield – Players can use this vicious new weapon to bash their opponents, or hurl it to take them down from a distance.
- Safe House Battles – No one is safe now that heroes and villains can invade each other’s Safe Houses in these four on four battles.
- Graviton Technology Recovery – Players will be tasked with retrieving cutting-edge technology from the hero and villain safe houses. It’s a mad dash to grab the most graviton singularity capsules!
- The Rescue – Heroes must rescue hostages, while Villains will be freeing arrested criminals from opposing Safe Houses.
- Bomb Disposal – Stockpiles of explosives have been remotely armed by a mischievous third party! Players must gain control of the Bomb Squad’s mech and either neutralize the bombs or use them for dastardly purposes!
- Headquarter Battles – In this two-part crusade, 16 players – eight heroes and eight villains – will face off for the ultimate player reward. At the request of Superman, heroes must take over the Hall of Doom, while villains, egged on by The Joker, will breach the Watchtower in order to create chaos.
- Legends Characters – The Last Laugh introduces the first Kryptonian and Light-powered characters to Legends for multiplayer combat. Players now have access to Green Lanterns John Stewart and Kilowog , Sinestro Corp members Amon Sur and Arkilo , and Kryptonians Power Girl , Ursa and Bizarro .
DCUO’s The Last Laugh DLC pack is now available for free for the game’s Legendary members and available for $9.99 USD for Free and Premium players via the PlayStation®Network in-game Marketplace, and on the PC via the DCUniverseOnline.com website.