Tamagotchi is making a comeback! Ready to take playgrounds by storm again, Bandai America announces the launch of Tamagotchi On in the North American market.
Fans can be first in line for new product with pre-sales starting online on May 13 at Target, Amazon, GameStop and Urban Outfitters with product available at mass retail nationwide starting July 28th, 2019.
With millions of different characters, new colored-digital screens, and cross-platform connectivity, Tamagotchi On will be a sought after device.
“The new experiences and social connections raises the fun-factor and provides users with endless hours of entertainment,” said Tara Badie, Bandai America Marketing Director. “We wanted to keep aspects of the original Tamagotchi gameplay but make it more relevant for today’s users by adding a colored-digital screen, new ways to connect and millions of different characters.”
The Tamagotchi On is perfect for on-the-go entertainment as well as teaching children the responsibility of caring for a pet. It fits easily in pockets or bags and doesn’t require internet access, allowing kids to tend to their Tamagotchi On the go!
Tamagotchi On features;
- Millions of different Tamagotchi characters with your My Tama looking like a combination of their mom and dad allowing for a personalized character of your own
- Now colored-digital screens
- You decide what your character does: eat at home or at the restaurant, shop in the different Lands, go to the washroom, bathe, make friends, travel to different Lands, play games, take care of a TamaPet, amongst others
- Interact with other Tamagotchi On devices to visit friends, give gifts, travel together and even marry to build your family tree
- Connect your device to an interactive app on mobile devices to see more unique characters, play a game, meet new Tamagotchi characters to marry and earn ‘Gotchi’ points and other surprises to bring back to your device!
- Daycare drop-off feature allows users to leave their My Tama in good hands while they take some time off (and go to school)
- Comes in two styles, Fairies and Magic, each come with their own unique characters and Land
- MSRP: Each device is sold individually with a suggested retail price of $59.99.
- Age grade: 6-12 years old
“With over 82M units sold globally and over 22 years in the market, Tamagotchi is a brand that is truly known across generations,” said Badie. “We couldn’t be more excited to see new users’ reactions as they experience the magic of caring for their digital pet.”