The official launch of the Xbox One X brings a new era of immersive 4K gaming and 4K entertainment to gamers across the globe. With 40 percent more power than any other console, Xbox One X is where console gamers can play the best versions of games. The new console launches with the largest games lineup in Xbox history, with more than 70 Xbox One X Enhanced titles coming in the first week and more than 50 available on launch day, including “Forza Motorsport 7,” “Super Lucky’s Tale,” “Assassin’s Creed Origins,” “Middle-earth: Shadow of War,” and “FIFA 18.” The Xbox One games library consists of more than 1,300 games and more than 220 exclusives, all of which play best on Xbox One X. More titles are on the way like the hottest game on the planet “PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds,” releasing as an Xbox One console launch exclusive Dec. 12, 2017.
“We built Xbox One X to give game creators the most powerful platform to bring their visions to life and to give gamers the best console to play the games of the past, present and future,” said Phil Spencer, head of gaming, Microsoft Corp. “We’re excited to offer gamers the world’s most powerful console with access to the largest games lineup in Xbox history — more than 1,300 titles and more than 220 exclusives.”
Microsoft saw incredibly strong preorder sales of Xbox One X, and expects the new console to be in high demand this holiday season. Gaming fans worldwide are encouraged to get the new console early before quantities run out.
The biggest global launch in Xbox history — now available in 35 markets
Across the world, fans flocked to special Xbox events to celebrate the highly anticipated launch of Xbox One X. Launch festivities were captured in a live broadcast from the Mixer NYC Studio on Mixer, Xbox.com, Twitch and Facebook Live, with key highlights including these:
- Inspired by the new Xbox racing game “Forza Motorsport 7,” the world’s first Xbox One X was hand-delivered in New Zealand via the fastest supercar in the country.
- In Australia, Xbox opened the doors to the Xbox Stay N’ Play, a boutique, gaming-themed experience situated in front of the iconic Sydney skyline in Pirrama Park.
- In Germany, Xbox set a new world record for the “World’s Largest Unboxing” after unboxing a giant Xbox One X in the Munich International Airport, and celebrated the launch with more than 700 fans in front of Berlin’s largest 4K theater screen.
- In the U.K., some of the country’s biggest content creators and special guests were featured in an extended 14-hour Xbox livestream hosted at the Xbox One X Apartment in London.
- In France, thousands of fans tuned into an eight-hour Mixer livestream, which highlighted the various Xbox One X launch activities taking place in Paris, including the midnight opening at Fnac Champs Elysées.
- In Mexico City, hundreds of fans attended an Xbox One X midnight madness event hosted with Game Planet to celebrate the official launch of the highly anticipated console in Mexico.
- In collaboration with Canadian designer and artist Brian Espiritu, Xbox designed custom Xbox One X consoles inspired by the city of Toronto to give away to five lucky Xbox fans.
- In the lead up to launch, Xbox Live Sessions, an interactive, fan-focused livestream on Mixer, hosted celebrities including Chris Evans, James Corden, DJ Khaled, Chandler Riggs, and more to play their favorite games on Xbox One X. In addition, 16 years after helping Bill Gates introduce the original Xbox, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson surprised three Make-A-Wish kids with their own custom consoles before the official Xbox One X launch.
- At Microsoft Stores, including the flagship Microsoft Store on Fifth Avenue in New York, and other retailers worldwide, eager fans lined up more than 24 hours in advance of the console’s release to be among the first to get their hands on Xbox One X before it sells out worldwide. Shaquille O’Neal, Liam Payne, Ronda Rousey, Odell Beckham Jr., and Caleb McLaughlin made special appearances to surprise fans throughout the launch event at the Microsoft Store in New York.
Similar spectacular celebrations took place in additional Xbox One markets. Xbox One X is available now in 35 markets worldwide, including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, UAE, UK, and U.S.
The power of Xbox One X
Xbox One X is built for true 4K gaming, with enough power to drive native 4K resolutions, High Dynamic Range and Wide Color Gamut into a pristine visual package beyond what’s capable in existing consoles. Existing Xbox One games play even better, with improved textures, smoother frame rates and faster load times, even on a 1080p TV. Xbox One X is also the only product in the world that packs all of the following features in one amazing device: 4K gaming for the world’s greatest games, a built-in 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player, 4K streaming capabilities, High Dynamic Range support for gaming and video, and premium audio that puts gamers in the center of spatial sound with Dolby Atmos support. The craftsmanship in the Xbox One X hardware means it’s not only the world’s most powerful console, it’s also the smallest and most feature-rich Xbox ever.