Winning multiple awards and dozens of nominations including a nomination from the Game Critics Awards for Best Role-Playing Game, the highly acclaimed KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance]received much praise from the media at this year’s E3.
“With its exciting combat mechanics, intricate Spirit system, and beautiful 3D graphics, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance is definitely one of the best Kingdom Hearts experiences to date.” (G4TV, 4.5/5)
“A fitting celebration of the franchise’s 10th anniversary, and possibly the best portable entry to date.” (IGN, 8.5/10, Editors’ Choice)
The new title expands on the KINGDOM HEARTS lore, and follows the adventures of Sora and Riku in their quest to become true Keyblade Masters. Disney fans will be sure to recognize classic venues, including La Cite des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame ), Symphony of Sorcery (Fantasia), The Country of Musketeers (Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers) and Prankster’s Paradise (Pinocchio), as well as newer worlds such as The Grid (TRON: Legacy).
Drawing upon the various capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS, the game features stunning 3-D graphics, high-quality music and the ability to connect with other players through the StreetPass™ feature.
- Dual protagonists – Play through each world with the two most popular characters of the franchise, Sora and Riku.
- “Flowmotion” action – Enjoy fun, fast and effortless movements while interacting with the environment and performing acrobatic attacks.
- Brand-new creatures – Dream Eaters inhabit the Sleeping Worlds, and are split into two categories: Spirits and Nightmares. Recruit over 50 different types of Spirits as allies to fight alongside Sora and Riku.
- New Disney worlds – Seven new worlds and their characters, such as La Cite des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame ), Prankster’s Paradise (Pinocchio), The Country of Musketeers (Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers), Symphony of Sorcery (Fantasia) and The Grid (TRON: Legacy) make their series debut.
- Story progression – With updated looks for Sora and Riku, and the impending conflict made clear, this title is a big step forward in the series.
- Memento feature – Newcomers and experienced players can get a refresher through the brand-new memento feature that provides a detailed account of the previous KINGDOM HEARTS games.
- All-star voice cast – The talented roster includes Leonard Nimoy (Master Xehanort), Haley Joel Osment (Sora), David Gallagher (Riku), Hayden Panetierre (Xion) and Jesse McCartney (Roxas and Ventus).